Favorite Blog Posts:
- The Book of Encouragement on Stori Tori’s Blog (This is such a good idea!)
- Why I am Scared to Write Diversity on Paper Fury (I could relate to this author’s thoughts.)
- 4 Ways to Stay In Love With Your Book While Editing on Imogen Elvis: Gossiping with Dragons
- Wolf Children (this movie. *dabs eyes with handkerchief*)
- Spirited Away
- Ponyo (seriously the most precious thing ever.)
- Mid-Spring Impressions || Parts One – Two – and Three
- Tuesday Tunes || Madoka Magica – Death Parade – Kill la Kill
Here on Through Two Blue Eyes I wrote my 800th blog post this month! Wooh!
What I’ve Been Watching:
- Finished the Eleventh and Final season of Frasier (Then began a prompt rewatch. XD )
- Kuroko’s Basketball S2 (I don’t know what I was waiting for, this show is awesome!)
- Age of Ultron. (I forgot to blog a review for it. Anywho, it was also awesome.)
- Free! (I want to join a swim club now.)
- Nature shows on Netflix.
I’ve put some love into my Pink and Purple collections on WeHeartIt recently. I love these colors, especially purple, that’s my favorite. I’m wondering if I should make a black and white collection next…
Email in Real Life: I laughed SO HARD because this is SO TRUE. SO TRUE. THIS IS MY LIFE. Just watch the video.
Why I Like Twitter Better than Facebook: Blimey Cow, I’m sorry I fell behind in watching Messy Mondays. This video makes me feel better about my Twitter/Facebook relationship….
In my last Ongoing post I told y’all I hoped I could bring a new word count to you for “100 Levels”…except that I discovered mid-May that “100 Levels” main character, the POV, the voice of the story…was completely wrong. Not just her voice but who she is and her motivation–EVERYTHING. WRONG. I sat for a week or so torn between two ideas–do I start all over? which terrified me. Or do I attempt editing what I’ve already written? which would kill me because it would kill me because that’s editing waaay to early in the game.
After talking it through with my writing buddy Rebekah (THANK YOU!) I made the decision to scrap and start over. I’ll use what I’ve written as some source material, but the entire voice needs to change! THIS IS HUGE. One, I lose a lot of work. But two, my story is going to be a lot better off in the end! Color me frustrated and excited!
May was a busy month for me, online and off! I repainted a large room in my home, mostly by myself. My least favorite part was the taping and covering the carpet… that part is horrid. Comic-con finally arrived and I went and I bought things (post for that coming!!!) I went and saw Age of Ultron and that was amazing. Obviously, I had to make a large decision on my current work in progress novel. I began beta reading another novel. I recorded a lot of anime podcasts with James. I managed to blog semi-consistently. The list goes on and on!
I’m hoping June will be a bit more relaxed before my big birthday month–do some writing, do some surviving of the AZ heat…we’ll see what happens! 😀