During the last couple of summers, I’ve made bucket lists of things I want to do between June and August and it’s so fun! So, this New Year’s, instead of making “resolutions”, I’m going make a bucket list!
“Bucket list” sounds so much more positive than “resolutions”, don’t you think? To me personally, the word “resolutions” reeks with the phrases “need to do better” “try harder” “you were a failure this past year, don’t mess up this year.”
“Bucket list” sounds like “you can do it” “I am more” and “achieve.”
I’m going to be realistic with myself as I write these. Then I’m going to hit print, tack it on a wall, and remember it. Coupled with my “word for the year: Completion”, I can’t wait to see what I’ll check off by 2016!
2015 Bucket List:
- Publish 5 new short stories on Booktrack.
- Dye my hair an unnatural color.
- Complete my sci-fi short story “Extraction” and Booktrack.
- Stay coffee-free for another year.
- Continue regular school attendance.
- Read ten new books.
- Create a legit draft of “100 Levels of Immersed” before NaNoWriMo 2015.
- Seriously purse self-publishing with “100 Levels of Immersed”.
- Attend summer ComiCon.
- Survive the last of the parents’ divorce and the aftermath.
- Watch and write about anime as a good hobby.
- Keep Skyping/staying in touch with my internet friends.
- Keep a better financial budget.
- Start yoga along with dog-walking.
- Hand write letters to friends.
- Become more self-confident.
- Kill 100 scorpions over the summer.
- Get up earlier in the morning.
Bucket lists are fun and exciting; let’s see what I can cross off by next year!