(Note: I’ve redone my blog theme! I needed a change even though I loved the old old. I do like the new header feature: I was able to find many free, fabulously high quality pictures to use. Refresh or jump through my pages to see the different pictures I found!)
No matter how many times this blog award comes around (and it seems to come around a lot!) I always flip out when I see that I’ve been tagged by someone and that they thought of me! That feels so good! And today I thought I would use the latest tag to share some of the awesome stuff that happened over the past few days around my 20th birthday!
A big thank you, first, to Miranda for tagging me! And–just a quick plug! I don’t follow fashion or photography blogs; it’s just not my main interest–well, okay, except for just ONE blog and that is Little Gold Pocket Watch. I discovered this blog when it was just starting out and I absolutely loved Miranda’s photos and outfits. She has the brightest smile and the sweetest online voice! She recently came back from a blogging hiatus which made me really happy. Thanks for tagging me, Miranda!
My Eleven Birthday Facts:
1. I helped buy myself a brand new laptop for my birthday; a shiny touchscreen Windows 8 laptop! I’m still figuring out the short cuts, but it’s so beautiful, thin, and shiny! I know I will be using it to the max! It actually got me to really notice Kindle, so I’ll be reading a few books on there as well now (including my friend Rebekah’s latest released book Journeys of Four! I’m so excited to read the published version!)
2. Kayla and I saw “Lucy” together on Friday as an extension of my birthday; I ate Chiclets (sorry, fellow movie goers, that the candy rattled so loudly) and we soaked in Scarlet Johanson’s awesomeness. (The movie itself was enjoyable but I wouldn’t go out of your way to see it at theaters.)
3. I had my favorite foods on my birthday; hamburgers with chips and ambrosia salad (Aunt Linda, it was your recipe and it was so good!) and Chinese! Fool’s Toffee and pink lemonade also made guest appearances. 😛 Oh, and doughnuts for breakfast.
4. I watched four movies on my birthday–I multi-tasked through them, of course. I played Porco Rosso for Nathan while I updated my new computer system and installed an anti-virus–Nathan enjoyed it a lot, which made me happy. Then Kayla and I watched Shaun of the Dead, Murder by Death, and Clue all that evening. It was awesome.
5. My sister was very generous this year with birthday presents; gifting me with The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2, The Cornetto Trilogy, Murder by Death, The Croods, Harry Potter posters, Captain America The Winter Soldier poster, Hot Topic gift card, and some beauty products! I was floored! I ❤ Kayla.
6. This is the second year in a row where I’ve received a zombie film for my birthday. I would like to keep this tradition up if possible.
7. After my birthday, Kayla chauffeured me around to a few stores I had gift cards too; I made out like a bandit at Target with a magnetic white board with accessories to plot stories on and keep day to day notes in sight, to brand new headphones, Catching Fire, Despicable Me 2, school supplies and Lindsey Stirling’s latest album Shatter Me! Her music is fantastic!
8. On my birthday morning, I planned to sleep in but ended up waking up at about 6:30 and was unable to fall back asleep. 😯
9. I got one dollar shipping on Hot Topic’s website and I was so thrilled! Ordered myself two Adventure Time tops for my new favorite Cartoon Network fandom and a couple other things too!
10. Besides the four movies, I and the family also watched Duck Dynasty during dinner. SO MUCH TV.
11. I had a fantastic birthday, not a bad thing happened and everything was very enjoyable. 🙂
Miranda asked some great questions, several that I’ve never had to answer before here on my blog so I’m excited to answer them now!
1) What is your personal style like? I’m now usually in a jeans and t-shirt style but I also like to wear some nicer tops and capri pants. Overall, I’m very relaxed and wear comfortable clothes with Minions or fandom related things on them. X) So, I suppose I’m a pretty casual dresser overall.
2) What got you interested in blogging? Writing on my mom’s blog back in 2010 got me interested in starting my own personal blog–along with reading other girls blogs during that same year. I’ve always liked to write so it definitely appealed to my strengths!
3) Any pet peeves? Several–besides the ones listed in this post–include people leaving shopping carts just outside the cart holder instead of taking the extra two steps to put it out of the way and going to a store (and now at the theater!) where there are lots places to be checking out (or in!) people but the store is only utilizing one or two, making everyone wait longer then they need. SERIOUSLY WALMART. YOU HAVE ABOUT 35 CHECK OUT SPACES AND YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO HAVE MORE THAN FIVE OF THEM OPEN AT A TIME? I DON’T HAVE TIME TO STAND BEHIND SOME FINICKY PERSON WITH THEIR COUPONS AND THREE OVERLOADED CARTS. Well, thank goodness for self checkout.
4) Celebrity crush? So, the very, very, very first name to pop into my head when I read this question was Benedict Cumberbatch. Heehee. Others would include Tom Hiddleston, Nicholas Hoult, Chris Evans, Simon Pegg and Sylvester Stallone.
5) If you could go back in time, which era would you choose? Gaslamp Victorian England. The classic Sherlock Holmes time period! And then maybe visit the 20’s, 40’s, and 50’s afterwards out of pure curiosity…
6) Morning hair and makeup routine? With my hair on the shorter side now, I usually will throw on a band to keep it out of my eyes. I actually don’t have a makeup routine as I rarely wear any, however I’m practicing with eyeliner. I suppose the closest thing I have to a makeup routine is applying some EOS lip balm on my lips before moving on with my day to keep them moist.
7) Favorite movie? CLUE. There are few movies that I can rewatch over and over and over again and not get bored of; Clue is one of them. Much more recent favorites also include The Cornetto Trilogy and Studio Ghibli’s My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, and The Secret World of Arrietty; the former are a fantastic comedy/satirical set of British films and the latter some of the best animated films I’ve ever seen.
8) Where have you not traveled that you would like to visit and why? London, England. Hands down number one place I’d love to visit!
9) Morning person or night owl? Although I am trying to get my morning scheduled arranged so I’m getting up earlier, I am definitely more a night owl! I love staying up late!
10) What’s something you’re passionate about besides blogging? I really love animals. I’m not all high on animal rights or being a vegetarian or anything, I simply, really enjoy the company and energy I receive from just about any animal. I would love to work with animals more often.
11) What is one of your life goals, big or small? A big term goal, which I actually just accomplished, was to save money for six months to keep my bank account from emptying out and I was able to do it!! It feels really good to save money! A small term goal is try watching more anime-there are several shows on Netflix that my anime sensei has informed me are well worth the watch and he’s yet to steer me to a bad piece of media. 😉
Tagging, tagging, I FEEL LAZY BUT TAGGING CAN BE SO HARD. 😛 The first eleven people to comment on this post can answer these 7 questions on their own blogs or in the comments if they so wish.
Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or shut?
Have you ever won a contest of any kind? If you have, what was it?
If you could build something out of Legos right now without all typical obstacles, what you would build?
What’s your favorite type/flavor of gum?
If you choose between visiting the moon and mars, which would go to?
What is the scariest movie scene you remember seeing when you were little?
What’s your favorite theme song?