A BIG thank you to James for passing on the Versatile Blogger Award! I’ve not gotten this one yet so that is very exciting! Rules that go with it is you share seven random things about yourself and award several more bloggers.
1. I literally have been reading Dracula ALL WEEKEND. Oh my goodness. I think my family is sick of hearing me talk about it so much. I’ve really been enjoying it and am about half way through (only half way! It’s so huge!)
2. I have never read a Nancy Drew mystery. But I now own three computer game mysteries of her. They should be fun to play.
3. I like sting rays. I like taking pictures of them, petting them and feeding them . . . . . . so I’m a weirdo. Go figure.
4. Outside of my blog and a few emails, my writing has been on full pause.
5. I’ve nearly completed one of my school books for graduation qualification. YAY!
6. I’ve been listening to Hero a lot. It’s written by my friend Gabe. He’s going to be a master composer one day. In fact, he already is. And I really like this song. I think it might become the theme for my Cops and Robbers parody. Every time I listen to it, several of my scenes just come to life. It’s like I can actually see Dylan and I battling the evil Kayla/Scarlet Blood and Daryck/Frank in a the center of a dark city. *sigh* I will get the rest of this story written someday!
7. I happen to really like Rocky and Rocky II, thanks to my mom. Those were good movies. I need to find Rocky III now.
I had a nice weekend. Saturday Mom and Dad took Nathan and I to a home school curriculum sale (they sell more than curriculum) and browsed for over two hours. I found the unabridged Christy novel, The Robe, a free copy of Little House on the Prairie pilot, the above mentioned Nancy Drew games, and one Star Wars book. I was also wearing a Star Wars t-shirt and two girls, both about 13 years old, told me they liked it. So that was awesome. I read Dracula too and from in the car and we ate out before we got home. Dad took me to the library afterwards and that night we watched Rocky II. I stayed up till 11:30 reading Dracula after everyone had gone to bed.
Yesterday we stayed home from church just to have some family time. I read Dracula all morning. Begged Mom about having The Boys over some day soon. Because going two weeks without seeing them is horrific. We had a big water fight in the backyard at about 1:00 and I got soaked bad but it was so fun. In the afternoon we played Star Wars monopoly (SO FUN), cooked up wings for dinner and watched a Hercule Poirot episode. We finished Monopoly after dinner and than watched Return of the Jedi. One of the best. movies. ever. And then we went to bed. Which was really uncomfortable because it was SO. HOT. Oh my gosh, so hot.
Plus I had a weird dream about seeing all my old church friends and somehow I was a published author… and all my books were on Facebook. It was so weird.
But no dreams about Dracula. 😀
*Photos are ours. Lol.