From Tuesday to this morning, I’ve read Genesis 1-37. I’ve never read so much Bible in so little time before, so I’m really excited over this. I sat in my favorite chair where I couldn’t see the clock to do my reading. One of the best tips I have for trying to sit down and read without being distracted is to sit where you can’t see a clock. The clock can be very distracting because you always want to look at it. 😀 Anyway, I wanted to post some of the things I noticed. So below are my raw notes right off the page.
- God mentions creating plants for multiplying
- Always ‘according to their kind’
- Animals were blessed by Him by being told to multiply
- Woman was brought to man.
- Man was made aware of the need for modesty
- There was a way to live forever
- Giants did exist
- 2nd month, 17th day was the flood–should make date a holiday
- Old Abram reminds me of Rooster Cogburn (when he went to rescue Lot)
- Sarah called Abraham ‘lord’–honor indeed
- Generational sin; both Abram and Issac both lied about their wives being their sisters to save their skins.